Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Autumn is upon us!

Okay, okay so I haven't updated in three months.  I have an excuse, what's yours?  I think pretty much everyone knows we are having a baby due around New Year's so I spent most of the Summer sick, sicker than I have ever experienced before.  This is how we told people:
   

This is how we asked people to guess the sex of the baby
(by asking how we should decorate the nursery):

So it's a BOY due around New Year's and it has been a learning process for me.  I spent a good four month's being sick and still am about once a week.  Currently I am mostly exhausted all the time. So we are at 24 weeks and sometimes I can't wait for him to come and other times I am scared to death.  We cleaned out the room we are using for the nursery, we have bought a dresser, and are still shopping for a crib and car seat.  Everything else I am not worrying about since I will hopefully get things at a baby shower.  I had a rough time finding a doctor we liked, but now love my Midwife.  I also feel great about the hospital we are going to have the baby at.  I am 99% sure I will hire a Doula too (I have found one, but keep wondering if I can just handle things with Ryan and save money).  Plus we have yet to agree on a name!

Other things that went on during the Summer were me attending a day of Young Women's Camp and getting released.  I now do the Sacrament Program which is perfect for me.  Ryan was also released and called as the Young Men's Secretary and a scout leader.  He has a lot on his plate, but I think he enjoys it most of the time.  We went camping while I was sick with our dog.  I have to admit I was crazy for planning this one.  Ryan also had many mountain bike rides and attended Youth Conference.  We also went down to Blanding/Moab for my friends wedding and Arches.  Oh, we also did a couple of day's at Bear Lake with Ryan's brother.

So besides baby news we had Kael for most of the month of August.  I have to admit it was not my cup of tea and was probably the most I struggled with him ever.  Pregnancy hormones, being tired, and having him all day, everyday was tough.  We did as much as I could handle though.  We went to the zoo with cousins, went to the track and exercised most mornings, went to the pool with Dad, went to G & G Peterson's with cousins where we went to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum and got Farr's Ice Cream.  In the middle of August we drove to St. George to pick up the boy's and surprise them all by taking them to Disneyland.  It was fun to tell them about the baby and leave the next morning for California Adventures and Disneyland.

Remember I am 20 weeks prego here.  I'm glad I didn't go on this spinning ride,
but I did love the cars ride.

Can you tell how hot it was?  They loved this ride though!

This was one of my top three rides when I was a kid.  Kael really liked it too:)

Even though it may not look like it we all loved this one!

Downtown Disney curse you!  At least we found a cool bird and learned shortcuts into the park!

Once in a lifetime memory!  The best part was watching the kids enjoy the rides.

These brothers love each other and rarely fight:)

Drew and Evan got chosen for the Jedi academy which was rough on Robby
(until we gave him extra money later).

Still a favorite of Kael's!  

Isn't my Ryan so handsome?  I love him to death!

Overall it was a busy summer for us, but I had to take it easy and still do.  Sometimes I love our little "spud nut" kicking and other times he wakes me or makes me uncomfortable.  We are happy that he will have a cousin born 2 months after him.  We have been in school a few weeks now and I love routine!  The boys love their teachers and classes too.  We went camping this weekend with some of the extended Peterson family and caught fish at Currant Creek Reservoir.  It was a lot easier camping this time around compared to month's ago, but still a little rough.  We are looking forward to our annual Snow Family Conference Camp-out in a few weeks. The boys are also enjoying Piano, Art, and Karate classes.  They are so good at doing chores, reading, homework, etc... everyday!  We have been making Autumn treats, decorating for Fall, and are so happy with the weather cooling down.  Plus we are loving our BYU COUGARS!  We are excited to go to a few games this season, but I tend to enjoy the games more at home.  We also have 11 pumpkins in our garden ready for picking next month.  For now we gear up for the holiday's and getting this ready for this baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment